The firm organizes and executes design projects for clients requiring interior relocation, renovation, or consolidation requirements for new and existing locations.
- is committed to the practice of fully servicing clients with attention to detail
- is concerned about project schedules and their financial framework
- has a reputation of consistently providing professional quality work
The phases noted outline the services offered in part or in whole to fulfill the specific needs of your project.
- Consult with the Owner and others to determine the requirements of the Project.
- Study the existing operations to understand workflow, adjacencies and relationships.
- Survey the Owner's facility to document existing equipment and furnishings.
- Analyze the Owner's needs and program the requirements of the Project.
- Assist the Owner in the preparation of a budget for the Work and a Project schedule.
- Analyze the feasibility of the Owner's budget for the Work and schedule requirements within the physical limitations for the Project.
- Based on a review and analysis of the functional and organizational relationships, requirements and objectives for the Project, provide a written program of requirements.
- Prepare an analysis of spaces and square footages of existing and projected requirements.
- Provide a preliminary evaluation of the Owner's program, schedule and construction budget requirements based on the program, schedule, construction and furniture budget requirements.
- Prepare Schematic Designs illustrating the scale and relationship of the Project's components.
- Survey and analyze the existing premises and prepare existing drawings as required.
- Inventory, evaluate and summarize current furniture and make recommendations for potential reuse where appropriate.
- Review alternative approaches to the design, construction, and furniture requirements of the project.
- Review requirements for new furniture.
- Prepare a preliminary estimate of the construction and furniture costs.
- Based on the final Schematic Design, prepare Design Development Documents to describe and illustrate the size and character of the Project as to architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical systems, materials and other elements appropriate to define the scope and quality of the proposed work.
- Prepare data and illustrations for furniture, furnishings and equipment as may be appropriate for the Project, including specially designed items or elements, to indicate a finished appearance and functional operation.
- Recommend colors, materials and finishes.
- Prepare Design Development data, illustrations and documents as may be appropriate for the Project.
- Coordination of communications requirements for the layout of voice, data and security outlets with furniture locations.
- Retain engineering consultants as required.
- Revise or prepare a preliminary estimate of Construction Costs.
- Prepare Construction Documents consisting of Drawings and Specifications setting forth in detail the requirements for the construction of the Project.
- Specification selections to identify long lead time items and provide acceptable substitutions when required.
- Coordinate engineering drawings as required.
- Prepare Drawings, Specifications and other documents setting forth in detail the requirements for the fabrication, procurement, shipment, delivery and installation of furniture, furnishings and equipment for the Project.
- Provide detailed installation plans for the installation of systems furniture where appropriate.
- Recommend ergonomic furniture that complies with ANSI and OSHA standards when required.
- Adjust previous estimates of Construction and Furniture Costs for changes in requirements or market conditions.
- Organize and prepare bidding information, bidding forms, the Conditions of the Contract, and the form of Agreement between the Owner and Contractor.
- Administer the filing of documents required for the approval of governmental agencies and the like having jurisdiction.
Bidding or Negotiation
- Assist the Owner in obtaining bids or negotiated proposals and assist in awarding and preparing contracts for construction.
- Represent, advise and consult with the Owner during the construction of the Project.
- Administer the Construction Contract.
- Visit the site at appropriate intervals to determine that the Work is being performed in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Review and certify the amounts due the Contractor.
- Review Contractor's submittals such as Shop Drawings, Product Data and Samples, and collect written warranties.
- Prepare Change Orders and Construction Change Directives.
- Review final placement of furniture and inspect for damage, quality, assembly and function in order to determine that furniture, furnishings and equipment are in accordance with the requirements of the Contract Documents.
- Determine the dates of Substantial and Final Completion.
- On site project representative if more extensive representation at the site is required.
- Financial feasibility studies.
- Planning surveys, site evaluations, or comparative studies of prospective sites.
- Special surveys, environmental studies and submissions required for approvals of governmental authorities or others having jurisdiction over the Project.
- Services relative to future facilities, systems, furniture, furnishings and equipment.
- Services to investigate existing conditions or facilities or to make measured drawings or to verify the accuracy of drawings or other information furnished by others.
- Detailed estimates of Construction Cost.
- Detailed quantity surveys or inventories of furniture, furnishings and equipment.
- Analysis of owning and operating costs.
- Services for the design or selection of graphics and signage.
- Services in connection with the procurement of artwork.
- Purchase construction or furniture items.